Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Aussie PM: Cosmic order proves God exists

In the Sydney Morning Herald (August 29, 2008), the new Australian prime minister Kevin Rudd is quoted as saying,
... the ordered nature of the cosmos convinces him of the existence of God.

Mr Rudd, a regularly practising Anglican, was on Friday asked on Fairfax Radio in Brisbane to give his single biggest argument in favour of the existence of God.

"As you know I'm a believer and I've never pretended not to be and I respect those who have no religious belief - it's a free country," Mr Rudd said.

"For me, it's ultimately the order of the cosmos or what I describe as the creation.

"You can't simply have, in my own judgment, creation simply being a random event because it is so inherently ordered, and the fact that the natural environment is being ordered where it can properly coexist over time.
Well, based on what I have read, there's a guy whose head has found the right orientation to his shoulders.

Denis Alexander, check your e-mail.