Saturday, September 12, 2009

My favourite sci-fi writer, Rob Sawyer, writes to say ...

FLASHFORWARD TV SERIES PREMIERE

The TV series FLASHFORWARD, based on my novel of the same name, premieres in the
United States (on ABC) and Canada (on CTV's A channels) on Thursday, September 24, 2009, at 8:00 p.m. Eastern and Pacific (7:00 p.m. Central).

UK viewers: watch for it on Five this fall.
I remember interviewing Rob about the novel some years ago. Maybe I was a bit "forward," but ... I couldn't quite contain myself.

I interrupted to ask, "Okay, I have listened to your story and I agree that it is interesting, that people could see where they will be in twenty-five years. But surely in twenty-five years, some - perhaps many - people will just plain die. So what do they see?"

As it turns out, nothing. And that is exactly what happens to his lead character. Who sets out to change his fate ... which many sages say no man can do, however god-like. That goes back to the Epic of Gilgamesh . And I will spoil no more for you. Watch the show.